Reynolds Urban Design offers responsive and innovative planning and design services for a range of clients including developers, cities, health care providers and individuals. For more than 30 years, Dennis Reynolds has delivered strategic services to clients around the globe. He is known for his personal, hands-on approach and unique combination of vision, design, drawing, communication and facilitation skills.
Prior to creating his own consulting practice, Mr. Reynolds served as a senior level designer at Sasaki Associates, HOK, NBBJ, RDG Planning & Design, and Harland Bartholomew and Associates. He founded and led the HOK S+V+E Design Studio, facilitating cutting edge multi-discipline architectural and urban design concepts for major international development projects. While serving as Design Director for LADCO Development, Dennis worked extensively on health care and wellness development projects across the Midwest.
Dennis Reynolds’ academic background includes a Masters of Landscape Architecture from Kansas State University (1986) and a Bachelor of Art degree from Wheaton College (1978) where he focused on course work related to fine art and economics, group dynamics and persuasion. He also graduated from the Kauffman Foundation New Venture Program for Entrepreneurs.
Charlotte (my wife) and I have designed and overseen renovation or new construction for the 15 homes we've lived in including these four homes that were featured in TV commercials, websites for Lustron Homes, and Homestyle magazine in 2008 and 2011.
- Place Making and Public Art: Lakeside Terrace and Shimmer, West Des Moines, Iowa
- Vision Plan, Place Making and Public Art: Bridge District, Des Moines, Iowa
- Vision Plan, Place Making and Public Art: Samples
- Vision Plan and Place Making: Dows Farm, Linn County, Iowa
- Vision Plan and Place Making: Scioto Peninsula Riverfront, Columbus, Ohio
- Vison Plan: Court Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa
- Vision Plan and Place Making: Clive Town Center and Riparian Park, Clive, Iowa
- Vision Plan and Place Making: Main Streets, Rural Iowa
- Vision Plan: Edina, Edina, Minnesota
- Vision Plan: North Kansas City, North Kansas City, Missouri
- Vision Plan: Village of Ponderosa, West Des Moines, Iowa
- Vision Plan: Healthy Living Community, North Liberty, Iowa
- Vision Plan: Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, Birmingham, Alabama
- Vision Plan: Formula One Community, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Vision Plan: North Iowa Community College, Mason City, Iowa
- Place Making: Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- Place Making: City Square, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Walnut Street, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Ohio Wesleyan Jaywalk, Delaware, Ohio
- Place Making: Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Place Making: Nanjing Olympic Sports Park, Nanjing, China
- Place Making: Gezer Park, Leawood, Kansas
- Place Making: Fort Des Moines, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Whitehouse Farm, Iowa
- Place Making: Eagle View Lofts, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Peace Tree, Des Moines, Iowa
- Place Making: Kidspeak Fountain, Columbus, Ohio
- Place Making: Private Office Park, Overland Park, Kansas
- Place Making: Petra's Place, Fairfield, Iowa
- Public Art: Bridges, Des Moines Iowa
- Public Art: In-The-Loop, Des Moines, Iowa
- Public Art: Porch Lights, Leawood, Kansas
- Public Art: Porch Swings and Fireflies, Bondurant, Iowa
- Public Art: Millstone Public Art, Milford, Iowa
- Public Art: Iowa Department of Corrections Fort Madison and Mitchellville, Iowa
- Public Art: Heritage, Overland Park, Kansas
In The Press
- DSM Magazine - "Art Unexpected"
- DSM Magazine: "Creating a Sense of Place"
- Business Record article - "A Closer Look at Dennis Reynolds"
- Clive Magazine - "Town Center Promises to Redefine Clive"